Thursday 27 November 2014

Rocinante

Rocinante is Don Quixote's horse in the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. In many ways, Rocinante is not only Don Quixote's horse, but also his double: like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.

 

Rocinante is also my horse, my steel horse   

Made in memory of my second puberty
Also made in a state of perfect uncertainty about my physical integrity
After a bad accident which cost me half of my leg 

After standing disuse of the foot 3 to 4 months of time

 Rocín in Spanish means a work horse or low-quality horse, but can also mean an illiterate or rough man.The etymology is uncertain.

 Well... titanium from my knee and below
chromoly 4130 to the frame of the horse
Mostly working horses are both
Rough in my behavior just me
This was always my armor

  The name is a complex pun. In Spanish, ante has several meanings and can function as a standalone word as well as a suffix. One meaning is "before" or "previously". Another is "in front of". As a suffix, -ante in Spanish is adverbial; rocinante refers to functioning as, or being, a rocín. "Rocinante," then, follows Cervantes' pattern using ambiguous, multivalent words, common throughout the novel. 


Like the story of my life
 
Ambiguities
 
Before and after
 
As a completely different cover and back cover
and the process of changing the main book


must however be switched back to my armor again 

 Rocinante's name, then, signifies his change in status from the "old nag" of before to the "foremost" steed.[1] As Cervantes describes Don Quijote's choice of name:"a name, to his thinking, lofty, sonorous, and significant of his condition as a hack before he became what he now was, the first and foremost of all the hacks in the world".
 

 

No comments: